21.6.15

BRITPOP // EDITORIAL ASSIGNMENT


As a few of you may know, I've finally completed my course at the London College of Style, where I undertook an e-learning programme in 'Fashion and Personal Styling'. I'm officially unemployed and on the job hunt - yikes! My last module on the course consisted of several assignments; one in which I was asked to style two different editorial shots, inspired by the Britpop movement. As an aspiring stylist (particularly in editorial), this was one of my favourite assignments to date, so I thought I'd share my work on here.

For those of you who may not know what Britpop is, it's fairly simple. It was a post-grunge movement that came about in the 90's with the rise of bands such as Oasis and Blur. Fashion-wise, this era took many influences from the 60's and 70's, but of course, was also very much cemented within its present-day 90's styles and fashions. So just think - chokers, denim, fur, boho prints, etc. etc. The images below are my personal take on the Britpop movement, merged with current trends, my own personal style, and an editorial vibe! Enjoy x




 
 




Thanks for checking out my blog!

I'd love to check out some new blogs, so please leave your links in the comments section below! 

Links

No comments:

Post a Comment