30.8.15

ARBONNE SKINCARE // REVIEW

Being someone who cares deeply about animal rights, I'm always on the lookout for new brands that hold these issues at the top of their priority list. Sometimes, that's easier said than done though, considering that a lot of animal cruelty free brands are often expensive and not all that easy to come by. 9 times out of 10, I end up just settling for other brands that are more accessible and easier on the wallet.

For as long as I can remember, I've really struggled with my skin. Although I love skincare, and I like to maintain some sort of routine, I don't love the idea of using a LOAD of products; I've tried pretty much everything and anything in the past, and it never did me much good. These days, I'm just after clean, healthy and simple products that have the potential of, not only doing a world of good to my skin, but also in-keeping with certain values that I deem important.

Recently, I've been trying some skincare and makeup products by the brand Arbonne, and I've been absolutely loving the results! Not only are they completely animal friendly, but they also cater specifically to your needs, so in my case, I've been using the products for oily-combination skin types.

Arbonne products are:

- Healthy, botanically based and inspired by nature
- Never tested on animals & completely vegan certified
- Formulated without chemical dyes, chemical fragrances, or mineral oil

So here are my thoughts on the products that I've been using lately.

Cleanser + Toner

Purifying Cleaner + Toner 
£21

I'm often cynical about using too many products on my skin; I've had such bad experiences in the past, that I'm now forever paranoid about it. This two-in-one cleanser + toner is perfect for me! Not only does it cut down a step in my skincare routine, but it just feels so good and fresh on the skin, while doing what a cleanser and toner is supposed to do. This is one of those products that smells and feels totally natural and clean on the skin (and doesn't dry it out, winner!)

Moisturiser

Oil-Absorbing Day Lotion with SPF 20 
£33

I've never really ventured too much out my comfort zone when it comes to moisturiser, and have pretty much used Simple's 'Kind to Skin' moisturiser for as long as I can remember. Even though I do love it, I've been noticing that it leaves my skin feeling slightly tacky and sticky after application. I've been on the lookout for a product that feels like it completely sinks in while ridding my skin of all dryness before applying makeup. I've definitely found it with this moisturiser! Not only does it smell and feel super fresh, but it provides a lovely base, injecting some moisture back into my skin! 

Primer

Makeup Primer
£27

Apparently, this primer is Arbonne's number 1 selling cosmetics product, and for good reason. I'm not too savvy when it comes to primers; I've only even tried Benefit's Porefessional, which I liked, but kinda gave up on after a while. This primer has now become a necessary part of my makeup routine. I just feel like my makeup doesn't look as good without it anymore. It's super silky and smooth, providing a flawless base, and has a fantastic lasting effect on any product applied over it.


Foundation

Perfecting Liquid Foundation, SPF 15
£32

As someone who's struggled with my skin for ages, foundation is something that I've also really struggled with. It's so difficult for me to find a great foundation with good coverage (but a lightweight feel) that deals with my oily-combination skin at the same time. What I love about this foundation is that a little really goes a long way. The coverage is fantastic, but you really only have to apply a small amount to achieve that. I suffer from acne scarring and hyper-pigmentation, so to find a foundation that covers it all up while not looking too cakey, is really a godsend. It lasts the whole day, and doesn't get greasy like my Mac foundation does after a good few hours (especially in a warm climate).


Powder

Mattifying Powder
£20

Finally, this mattifying powder I've been really loving. Again, I'm not too savvy when it comes to powders; I've just never really seen their full effect at work, and while lots of people I know rave about them, I've never really found one that does quite what it says on the tin. I think this powder can be used as a foundation, although I've been using it a as a setting powder over my foundation. I'm not sure if it's pigmented in any way; it seems to be translucent, but it's slightly yellow in tone which I've found is fantastic to counteract the more purple tones under the eyes. It really did the trick and kept my make-up looking flawless all day! 

I really really recommend these products; they feel great on my skin, while also dealing with all the skin and beauty related woes of a normal girl.


Thanks for reading!


If you'd like to check out Arbonne's products, click HERE! And follow this Facebook Page for more information! 

Have any of you guys used Arbonne products before? I'd love to know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment