28.1.14

56th Grammy Awards




The Grammys Award show is usually an opportunity for artists and celebrities to let their hair down slightly and embrace their inner rock and roll, manifested in their outfit choices. But to be honest, I wasn't overly impressed with the majority of this year's red carpet looks.

Bright and vibrant colours like red and electric blue proved to be a popular choice this year, although in my opinion, less was definitely more; the more subdued metallics and whites taking the cake. Taylor Swift looked amazing sporting a beautiful metallic Gucci gown and Lorraine Schwartz jewellery.



Jay-Z and Beyoncé looked as bangin' a couple as ever, with Mrs Carter showing off her beautiful figure sporting a white lace Michael Costello Couture dress. Iggy Azalea also dressed to impress, surprising me and ditching her usually  risqué ensembles in favour of a subtle and delicate Elie Saab gown.


                      


I must say that the males on the carpet really pulled it out of the bag, looking super dapper in their suede, patterned, and swish suits and tux's. Frankly, they outshined most of the women this year.
                                 




Having said that, although it seems that Madonna's tuxedo choice has received some very positive feedback, generally speaking, it certainly was not my favourite!


So yeah! Without a doubt, Taylor, Beyoncé and Iggy took it home on the front of best dressed as far as I'm concerned, as well as all the dudes who stepped it up this year! Many of the others I found to be quite non-descript and unremarkable!

But hey, maybe I'm too picky! 
In any case, I'm genuinely looking forward to next year's Grammy Awards to see where fashion has taken us in the space of 12 months!


No comments:

Post a Comment