29.1.14

Mascara: a little discovery

As someone who didn't really use mascara until fairly recently, I now dote upon it as if it were my own child. The difference a bit of mascara can make to an un-madeup face is extraordinary, and after having tested various kinds, I kept going back to my favourite Yves Saint Laurent: Faux Cils - Volume Effect Mascara time and time again.


Amidst my packing frenzy over the last couple of days before flying over to the UK, a feeling of both dread and annoyance crept up inside me when I realised that I had run out of my beloved mascara! Panicked, I rummaged through my old makeup bag in the hope of finding an abandoned little bottle of anything remotely mascara-like! To my very pleasant surprise, I discovered this little beauty lying there in all its tiny travel-size glory.

Estee Lauder Sumptous Extreme Volume Mascara


THIS THING IS LITERALLY AMAZING!


I have the tiniest and shortest eyelashes in the world, so when it comes to applying mascara, I never expect too much of a transformation in the eyelash department. But this little bottle did wonders, lengthening and volumising each lash, as well as separating them with absolutely no clumps. Best of all, my eyelashes were left feeling soft and natural, as opposed to the usual stiffness I experience with all other mascaras.


This was the result!

 before...

 


 ...and after
 





If I could note one downside, it's that it's not particularly water-proof and can sting slightly if you accidentally rub it off in a stream of wind-induced tears. But aside from that, it's magic! 

My next mission is to find the water-proof version and pray that it's just as good! 



No comments:

Post a Comment