18.2.14

Burberry Prorsum - LFW '14

BURBERRY PRORSUM | LFW | FALL 2014

I think a bit of me died when I laid my eyes on Burberry Prorsum's Fall/Winter 2014 collection; modelled in London Fashion Week a couple of days ago. WOW! So so so obssessed!

It was a light, loose and relaxed collection, producing what seemed like blank canvases absolutely bursting with colour; delicate silk chiffon and lace dresses hand-painted in simple florals and dainty yet abstract patterns. Long and loose billowing scarves were also a prominent feature of the show.

I suspect that Christopher Bailey didn't fail to wow onlookers with the show's casting, saturated with greatly sought-after models, including Cara Delevingne, Jourdan Dunn, Matilda Lowther and Malaika Firth.  At the show's culmination, his appreciation for his stars  was demonstrated by sending each model out for the finale wearing a blanket personalised with their initials.

 I tried to pick out my favourites, which proved challenging as I'm literally in love with every single item in this collection!


I'm not usually a fan of Winter - or even Autumn for that matter. Having been born and bred in such a warm country, I'm definitely a summer kinda gal, and have never really felt like I pull off winter clothes as well as I'd like to. But this collection just made me soo soo excited for Autumn to approach once more and is likely to quench the feeling of  dread that usually overcomes me when I'm hanging onto the fringes of summer come late September! Not like I'll be able to afford any item from Burberry any time soon, but hopefully I can somewhat emulate them and adapt them from affordable high-street pieces...?

Click here to check out Burberry's full collection!



No comments:

Post a Comment