15.2.14

Camden before Valentine's

On Thursday, I spent the entire day helping my best friend with her very own stall at Camden Market! She is beyond talented, and taking advantage of the fact that Valentine's Day was round the corner, decided to make some hand-crafted cards and roses.

She made the rose petals from the pages of a vintage version of Jane Austen's 'Pride and Prejudice' - incidentally, she used the hard-back cover to make a Kindle case for my Christmas present -  and made the stems and leaves out of card; an intricate process that required a great deal of time and patience.

The cards were not only witty and unique, but also hand-drawn (which most people couldn't believe) and absolutely adorable!
--------

As far as my outfit was concerned, I decided to keep it quite laid-back (quite fitting for Camden I thought) and wore a vintage grandad-style jumper I got myself for £10 from Spitalfields market a couple of weeks ago. Knowing that I was probably going to be standing up in the cold for most of the day, I paired it with some comfortable faded black jeans, and suede purple booties with sheepskin trim! 



Jumper - Spitalfields Market | Jeans - Topshop | Boots - Topshop

-----
Check out the photos I took of our stall and her amazing creations throughout the day!



































All photos by me. Taken with a Nikon D60...

Check out my POLYVORE and TUMBLR!


No comments:

Post a Comment