11.2.14

ELIE SAAB - PARIS HAUTE COUTURE - SPRING/SUMMER 2014

SHEER & FLORAL - Elie Saab Couture




This man is a genius!


I was blown away by the Lebanese designer, Elie Saab, and his Spring/Summer couture collection that was modelled on the runway a few weeks ago in Paris Couture week!

Being pretty new to the game, although I did recognise his designs, I couldn't link them to a name, and so I began to research Saab's archive furiously, falling in love with pretty much every piece that has seen the light of day over the past few years! 

This year's couture show emualated a floral fairytale, filled with girls in ethereal gowns, embodying fairies, almost. The catwalk featured soft pastel pinks, coral, champagne and lilac pieces! The sheer fabrics were absolutely beautiful! 

Check out some of my faves from Elie Saab's Spring/Summer '14 Couture collection below...













 

Incredible

Goodness me - clearly there's something about Lebanese designers! Entranced by this man's work, I also came across Zuhair Murad's collection (which I'll hopefully soon dedicate a blog post) and was also gobsmacked by the sheer beauty of it all.

The day I get to wear a stunning gown designed by one of these men, will be a happy day!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment